Top 10 questions and answers about hymenoplasty or hymen restoration surgery
Professional answers from a cosmetic surgeon in Paris for the questions you have about hymenoplasty or hymen restoration surgery
Hymenoplasty in France, performed by a cosmetic surgeon in Paris involves surgical restoration of the hymen. A cosmetic surgeon in Paris, specialist in genital surgery invites you to discover the rates and fees for hymenoplasty in France. Hymenoplasty is performed by the surgeon to repair the hymen.
1) What does hymenoplasty involve?
Hymenoplasty is hymen restoration surgery. It is female genital surgery whose aesthetic goal is to surgical restore the hymen without leaving any visible trace that the patient has had the procedure.
2) How is the restoration done?
The hymen is recreated using the hymeneal membrane that was torn. In some cases other techniques can be used.
3) What techniques are there for hymen restoration surgery?
There are two techniques used in hymen restoration surgery. The simpler one involves the suturing of the existing torn hymeneal membrane with very fine sutures. The other one involves the use of vaginal tissue flaps to reconstruct the hymen.
4) Is the hymen restoration surgery painful?
In general, after the surgery there will some swelling and discomfort.
Specific risks will be detailed and explained during the consultation.
5) How long does the surgery take?
Hyman restoration takes about 30 minutes.
6) Does the surgery leave any visible trace?
The hymen restoration surgery does not leave any visible trace. The sutures are dissolvable and are thus reabsorbed by the body leaving no trace. It is impossible to tell the difference between a recreated hymen and a virgin hymen.
7) After how long is sexual intercourse possible after the surgery?
A two week healing period is recommended after the surgery before engaging in sexual intercourse.
8) After the hymen restoration surgery is there bleeding at the first occurrence of sexual intercourse?
On the first occurrence of intercourse after surgery the hymen will tear again and there will be some bleeding as before.
9) If the patient’s family asks the surgeon if he performed hymen restoration surgery is he free to answer?
Medical confidentiality surrounding hymenoplasty prohibits the surgeon from giving any information to anyone other than the patient herself. The virginity certificate is given directly to the patient.
10) How much does hymenoplasty cost?
The cost of hymen restoration surgery varies depending on what the surgeon finds on examining the patient. The rates for hymenoplasty start at 900 euros.
Publié le 13/02/2017 par le Dr Adel Louafi (dernière mise à jour le 13/03/2019)